Friday, March 26, 2004

Confessions of a Reality TV Junkie

I'm the nosiest person you will ever meet. I am very intriqued by the world around me so I am always well, observing things. So when the Real World first appeared on television it was the perfect drug for me. Since then I've watched just about everything. I was pretty loyal to all the MTV shows since they were the originators.

This season I decided that I didn't really need reality TV anymore. As much as I enjoy it I decided to give it a rest. However, I am privy to a message board recaps of everything that happens. Just as if I watched it myself.

I'm coming off of the high that it gave me. I craved the drama. I am trying to quell my drama queen tendencies. So watching the masters of drama surely wouldn't help me, right? I have not missed it at all. Yet I yearn to be able to chat around the water cooler.

I just clicked on a Making The Band 3 post on a message board. I quickly became engrossed and then I realized that it was time for a confession. I had to close that post immediately.

Now that I think about it, that messageboard is like it's own little reality TV spin off. Will I ever get off the crack?

No comments: