Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dress better than you feel.

After being sick for a few days while on vacation, I made my return to work this morning. Last night I decided to pack my items for the gym so I could back into the swing of things. I woke up this morning at 6:30am which is exactly when my class started at the gym. I overslept, even slept through the alarm which is something I never do. Given that, I could get in another hour of sleep.

I was still coughing and hacking but decided to goto work anyway. To combat how I felt, I put on the best non wrinkled summer outfit I could find. I even put on earrings, lipgloss, and "Stunna Shades II".

I get there and I am already tired and disoriented. I tried to do some work but I couldn't. Also there was something looming over my head that I would like to get resolved fairly quickly. I went to take a sip of water only to realize that there was a giant piece of paper in my new water bottle and it took me 3 hours to notice. That's when I knew I was out of it.

I checked the bus schedule so I could time my departure perfectly. I walk out the door into the sweltering heat and the bus pulls right up. I sit on the seat and it starts. Loud noises from my stomach. It's going crazy and I'm not sure if i'm going to make the 10 minute ride home. I start to think "Will I be like the girl from flavor of love 2" ? I never saw that infamous episode but I know enough of the details to know that I have to make home. I do just that.

I made it home in time to relieve myself and just in time for the rain. This morning the weather man stated that there would be no rain today we would have to wait until tomorrow. I feel sorry for all those scantily clad women downtown who were caught off gaurd. It's rather nice to be laying in the bed in the rain.

p.s. this blog doesn't have adventures anymore so I need to work on a new name. any suggestions? I picked a new one for now but it doesn't fit either.

1 comment:

rashad said...

The new blog name should be Transitions...or my personal favorite, "That's Allstate's Stand!"