Sunday, July 04, 2010

Healthy Solutions Box -July 3, 2010

This week I went for the little box from Healthy Solutions for $15. Last time it was a stretch for us to use all of the stuff in the small box. If I followed the nutritional guidelines from CDC I should eat 1.5 cups of fruit and 2.5 cups of vegetables. I don't always do that so this week I shall try. Let's see what's in the all organic Freggie(fruit and veggie) box this week.

1 head butter lettuce
1 head cabbage
3 nectarines
1 peach
3 Avocados
1 red onion
1 tomato
1 large bunch chard
3 Zucchini
2 Spaghetti Squash
2 ears of corn
5 medium sweet potatoes

It would cost $36 from the local chain grocery with only half of the items being organic vegetables. So you would save more than $20 and get all organic produce. For more information visit www.producecoop.com or www.healthysolutionsgroup.org

No comments: