Friday, July 02, 2010

Trader Joe's


In order to decrease the temptation of eating out at work I am taking a weekly stroll to TJ's and the library. Both are about a mile walk from my office. Using the TJ Fearless Flyer andthe Grocery IQ app I am able to get what I need and get out. TJ's is a very tempting place as you pass by all of the different imported meals, cookies and wines. My goal was to spend $25 on things I would actually use.

1. 1/2 pint of organic raspberries (for my Raspberry Frangipane Cake)
2. 1lb of organic strawberries
3. 2lb. bag of clementines
4. sea salt (for my basil salt and cooking in general)
5. Almond milk
6. Wild Arugula
7. Pizza Dough
8. Mozzarella Cheese
9. Frozen Pizza Dough (i know i can make it myself)
10. Nonfat Plain European Style Yogurt (to use in smoothies)
11. Ezekiel Raisin Bread (healthy and yummy)

$25.35 @ Trader Joes
$37 @ Local Grocery Chain

No comments: