Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Going Minimalist with Cabi

A couple of years ago I was invited to a party and fashion show featuring the CAbi fashion line. It's like a Tupperware party for fashion. Carol Anderson By Invitation (CAbi) is really popular among 40 year old housewives of DC. In fact, the first party I went to had someone who was on the Real Housewives of DC and the sister of Carla Hall from Top Chef. The clothes are very similar to what you find at Ann Taylor but the party/fashion show of aspect makes it really fun. After destroying (or staining) a couple of clothing items this week, I started to check out my Winter Capsule Wardrobe on Pinterest. That's when I realized that I was a fashion rut. I have limited my items but I don't have to limit my combinations. That's when I went in search of ways to wear my CAbi Emily Top. I could only imagine the top for night events but if I am going to have it in my Project 333 set it needs to be more versatile.

I came across CAbi Canary and she used the Emily top in an all CAbi capsule wardrobe. Check out some options I made using my Emily Top.

Emily & J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt












Emily and Jeans












Emily, Leggings & Cardigan












Now this all seems like a no brainer but I was not being creative at all with my wardrobe. Now I can put this top into my rotation starting tomorrow!

No comments: