Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Impromptu Trip to Yes! Organic Market

We got a juicer! Eff Yeah! I have not been able to stop thinking about the beet lemonade from Stuff I Eat. I tried to make it with our old juicer but it had lots of cracks and a terrible design which made it hard to clean. We wanted a heavy duty juicer and for the past six months but we have been a little shy about spending so much money on a single appliance. Well thanks to those trusty 20% off coupons from Bed, Bath and Beyond we now have this beauty.


We were out of town this past weekend so we didn't go grocery shopping. So what were going to juice with our fly new juicer? Nothing it seemed. That's when I got the bright idea to go to the new Yes! Organic in Anacostia/Fairlawn. They have free parking so we slid right in. The prices are pretty mixed. Somethings I found to be cheaper than the regular store while other were quite expensive. I was annoyed that the red bell peppers were from Holland. There has to be a local or even US source for the peppers.







Red Pepper from Holland

Baby Spinach

Goat Cheese

But all organic food is not healthy. There is plenty of organic junk food. O'Griddle?

No comments: