Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We are back!

Rather I should say "I'm Back". I've been inspired to blog again. I just didn't have the time for a Carolina Adventures. Besides, Carolina just wasn't exciting enough. The strangest things have happened since I've been back in DC so I think they deserve my written time.

Since I've been back in DC for about 4 months, I've noticed that I get harrassed/holla'ed at/ogled way more than I ever did before. Yesterday I was involved in an "ogle" gone wrong. I was in the middle of my daily walk from the office. I'm feeling real Ally McBeal these days except I don't dance around in the snow...not yet. I was waiting for the light and I notice someone trying to get my attention. However, he was backing up his Lincoln Towncar while doing this. Unfortunately, he backed into an ethiopian woman. She jumped out of the way to escape bodily injury. He is not aware and continues to back into the crosswalk. So she starts yelling and he doesn't realize she is trying to get his attention. I began pointing so he will notice her. Of course he thinks I'm trying to send him the "yeah i wanna holla at you too boo" signal. Finally, the woman starts banging on his window. All I could do was laugh.

This is the third time someone has caused bodily harm to themselves or someone else in an attempt to get my attention. I'm like my own little public health problem. Aisha Moore the 250th cause of unintentional injuries in the U.S.

That leads me into my next topic "It's All Relative"

I think I need to lose weight and I'm actually doing something about it. I'm the biggest I've ever been and it's not cute to me. The men of DC seem to disagree. So I often wonder what catches their fancy. Everyday I walk downtown and I see stomachs hanging out and pants about to burst. Then I see rather large woman who have learned how to dress appropriately despite the fact that they are a size 22. So in the grand scheme of things I'm on the larger side of small. But if you compare me to the vast majority of woman going to and from PG county on the green line, I'm a drawf. So I suppose on the DC/PG Black Woman scale I'm relatively small?


(note this is my first blog in 2 years. so dont' get confused that the older postings are from october...but 2004)

No comments: