Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's that time of the year

The time of the year when Aisha gets bronchitis. It starts with a sore throat and a little congestion. Now I am at the full fledged mucus filled coughing stage. This sucks and there isn't anything a doctor can do about it. I cough about every 30 seconds all day long which irritates my throat even more and my chest and ribs get sore. I have to settle for broth and water only.

I'm trying to figure out how to play this with work. My boss is a pediatric nurse practitioner so she understands this very well. However, I took three days off last week and now I'm about to take 3 more at least. My bouts with bronchitis usually last about 3 weeks. So I plan to do conference calls from home. I think I am going to go in today and grab some work to do. I don't really care about work that much but I care about my paycheck. I zapped my savings over the summer when I was unemployed.

So as you enjoy your delicious meals for today be thankful as I eat yet another can of progresso soup.

3 comments:

rashad said...

Rashad loves the third person reference. We need more of that in our society. Bottle up that cold, and FedEx it to me please. i'll need to use that for my convenience at a later date

A Beautiful Life said...

Hey Aisha,
I hope you feel better soon. I'll be thinking and praying about you. Take care.

Saun said...

I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you have a boss that is understanding.