Thursday, April 03, 2008

How to make your own Lean Cuisine

So at first I was just trying to get my sexy back. Now I have to figure out how to make my food taste good without adding a lot of salt. I also spend a ton of money on food and I need to cut that out. My savings account is larger than it’s ever been but I know I could trim back even more.

So I’ve been trying to take my lunch but I’m so lazy I can’t seem to get it together. So instead of sitting in the bed listening to NPR I got up and made breakfast and packed a lunch while I listened to the news. So I got this great idea for making my own Lean Cuisine.

1/2 cup frozen brown rice
6 medium frozen cooked shrimp
3/4 cup of frozen asparagus tips
1 smashed clove of garlic
2 ½ TBSP of low-sugar orange marmalade (no artificial sweetener)
1 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1 TSP sesame oil
Black Pepper
2 frozen ice cubes of chicken broth

Place all of this is a microwaveable plastic dish. While it sits in the fridge at work all the ingredients will start to defrost. Microwave with a top on for 3 minutes or so (you just have to figure that part out). Mix it all up and you have a yummy healthy meal. You might have to adjust the flavoring to your liking. I’d even say add a little soy sauce but I can’t eat that.

I have a pretty decent pantry so it’s a little easier for me to throw stuff together. Also chicken broth only lasts a couple days in the fridge so if I know I’m not going to use the whole carton I just freeze it into ice cubes and have them on hand.

1 comment:

rashad said...

If you could double all of those portions, and then put it in some tupperware, i'll be more than happy to come pick it up. that'd be terrific!