Thursday, August 26, 2010

Best of Giant August 17 through September 2

Growing up on the west coast I always had access to delicious fruit. We had a peach, plum and lemon tree in the backyard. Our neighbor had avocados. I really miss it and I don’t eat as much fruit now. This week Giant has a lot of good produce sales. You know why? Because it’s all in season. The sales match perfectly what’s coming up in my backyard. You can definitely eat well this week for about $25 without using coupons if you have a well stocked pantry.

Nectarine or Peaches .99/lb
Avocados $1 (this makes me really happy)
Kiwi $3/1
Red Bell Peppers $1.88/lb
Nature’s Promise Organic Salad $2
Shady Brook Farm Turkey Italian Sausage $2.99/lbGiant Frozen Vegetables .75 each
Pork Tenderloin 3.99/lb
SuperG Whole Chicken, Legs or Thighs .99/lb (but I find this meat to be pumped with a lot of water solution inflating the weight)

Possible Meals:
Turkey Sausage Stuffed Bell Peppers
Pork Tenderloin with Ginger Peach Sauce
Kiwi and Roast Pork Tenderloin over Mixed Greens
Pork and Avocado Salso Tacos
Peach Cobbler or Crisp

No comments: