Are your feeling overwhelmed by all my coupon posting? Let me show you how to get started. There are many ways to do this but I found this to be the easiest way to get the best deals.
1. Subscribe to the local Sunday Paper. You will now have at least one paper delivered to your door. You will never have to worry about forgetting your paper. At some point you may want more than one coupon insert but for beginners and people with small families this maybe enough.
2. You will need an 13 pocket accordion file, a sharpie and a small pair of scissors.
Building Your Coupon File
1) Label the tabs of your accordion file by month.
2) Using your Sharpie or other permanent marker. Write the date of the paper on the front of the coupon insert(s) making it easy to read from far away.
3) Place coupon insert(s) in the correct month.
4) Store your Sharpie and scissors in the last pocket so they are always handy.
Note: If you are using a lot of inserts you may want to use a file box.
1) Visit Bicycle Girl or any other coupon website to find the deals you want.
2) Pull the inserts you need for the week.
3) Clip the coupons you need.
4) Replace the inserts into your accordion file.
5) Visit Slick Deals to see if any of the inserts can be discarded.
Stay tuned for Part 2: Making the List (Saving Twice).